My reference number starts with "I". What does this mean?
My reference number starts with "X". What does this mean?
How do I donate "CHESS sponsored" shares?
- Ensure the signature on the share sale donation form matches the one used at the time of purchasing your shares
- If your shareholding is held in a joint account, include the signatures of ALL registered shareholders
- Clearly print the first and last names under each signature
- Include the 'date signed' under each signature
- If you have moved address since purchasing your shares, contact the relevant share registry to update your registered details - this guarantees you will receive the new Issuer Sponsored Holding Statement
- Please submit your new Issuer Sponsored Holding Statement on receipt (approx. 7-10 business days from your broker's release of the nominated shareholding. See Step 3)
CHESS conversion process
Step 1: Complete and submit your form
Step 2: We contact your broker
Step 3: Your broker to action
Your broker will release your shares via a 'CHESS to Issuer Sponsored Conversion'. On completion of this release, a new Issuer Sponsored Holding Statement is posted by the relevant share registry to your registered address (see above: Tips to avoid unnecessary delays)
Step 4: Submit a copy of your Issuer Sponsored Holding Statement
For ShareGift to now facilitate the trading of your shares, please submit a copy of your Issuer Sponsored Holding Statement to:
MAIL: ShareGift Australia, GPO Box 4370, Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
Step 5: Confirmation of your share sale donation
A confirmation tax receipt will be issued on completion of your share sale donation to your nominated email (or postal address where no email address is supplied).
Step 6: Notification of charities funded