To donate shares, please first ensure your donation meets the following conditions:
- Shares must be held in actively trading ASX listed securities
- Shares are held as an Issuer Sponsored Holding, or;
- You are a client of one of our participating brokers, JBWere, Evans & Partners and E.L. & C. Baillieu Limited. To donate your shares, please use our CHESS Holding sale donation form (participating brokers).
- If the shares you wish to donate are held in CHESS with any participant not listed above, your holding needs to be converted out of CHESS. See CHESS Conversion FAQ.
- We do not accept shareholdings:
- if total value under AUD$2
- held in delisted or suspended companies
- held in Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
- You do not pay brokerage for the sale of your shares but may be liable for any capital gains tax arising from the sale depending on individual circumstances. If you are unsure, please seek advice from a licensed financial adviser and/or tax adviser who is a registered agent.
- ShareGift Australia does not provide financial advice. ShareGift Australia Limited ACN 109 549 304 is exempt from the requirement under subsection 911A(1) of the Corporations Act 2001 to hold an Australian financial services licence where the Company provides financial services in relation to the relevant activities in its capacity as trustee of ShareGift.
For additional guidance, please refer to Instructions to complete share sale donation form.